Monday, May 2, 2011

Last Dance (Thank Goodness!)

Whew! We made it through dance recital weekend.
In typical JR fashion he started crying at the dinner table last night that breakdancing was over.
(Eventhough I kept telling him he could take it again when school starts.)

The recital was at Ft. Lewis College's Concert Hall, which sounds pretty big-time, but Ft. Lewis has fewer students than my high school, so it's a pretty small auditorium. 
Small, as in, I waited til Friday to buy my ticket,
so I was on the very, very, very back row in the balcony.

JR and his friend Emma. (Emma's mom is my friend, Niki.)
Just sign these two up for a Disney special.  I can see it now....The Breakdancer and The Ballerina.

After dress rehearsal on Saturday we had just enough time to take the kids to get something to eat before the show.
No Mickey D's for these two.
We went to have sushi.
Being a year older than JR, Emma was a little shy thinking they might be on "a date".
Being a 2nd grade boy, that thought never crossed JR's mind.

And finally, scenes from the "big production"

JR's the one standing up on the far left.



The Big Finish

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like JR is down with the moves. Ah...dance recital marathons....how I miss them...MR

GS said...

Again, I must say - where is my 7 year old grandson!!!!