Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Big Reveal

So I know I was supposed to be back yesterday with the big royal hat reveal.
 And obviously, that didn't happen.

Kyle and Reed had a soccer game in the morning, then JR had dress rehearsal plus his dance recital last night.
(He also has a recital this afternoon, but Jason and I made the seriously awesome decision not to take Kyle and Reed. So I represented Team Ingersoll last night, and Jason is there right now.)

So now that that's cleared up, let's get on with the fun stuff.

Cassidy and I decided as much as we wanted to see the Royal Wedding, we really didn't want to get up at 2:00 AM to do so. 
So thanks to the wonders of DVR, we had our Royal Wedding viewing party Friday night.

And, of course, I couldn't just reuse one of my old hats for such a special occasion. 
But you'll be proud of me, I didn't buy a new one either.

But I did make two pretty fabulous creations fit for a royal wedding (or at least Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie) if I do say so myself!
And if you're thinking to yourself, "Does Cassidy have a teapot on her head?"
Why yes. Yes, she does.

You see, she jokingly texted me Friday night asking if her hat could have a commemorative tea cup. 
 Now you know, if it's a commemorative tea cup you want, well, I'm gonna throw in the tea pot and the sugar bowl too.
(And that hat was seriously heavy.  I had to make our hats from Walmart supplies and they didn't have a plastic toy tea set in the whole store. They're actually porcelain!)

We also wore our commerative Kate engagement rings.

And made paparazzi stops around London.


My kind of wedding, indeed!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the hats and the rings. The only thing missing was that cutie pie, Harry. MR

Anonymous said...

I love, love those hats! Truly award winning--looks like fun to me.
Lu

GS said...

What great hats and tons of fun - if you could do that with supplies from Wallmart, I dare not even try guess where Beatrice and Eugenie must have gone!

Friedt Family said...

Love the hats...so creative as usual!!