Thursday, February 10, 2011

I'm Talking Envelopes....Again

Yes, I know.

This is the 4th Valentine's Day JR has passed out cards at school. (PreK-2nd)
This is also the 4th time I will complain publicly on this blog about how much it upsets me that store bought Valentine's cards for the class don't come with envelopes!

As I say every year, you have to give out candy with the cards...and where are you supposed to put it if there is no envelope?!
And as I also say every year, A lot of kids have long names.  How is JR supposed to fit "Nathaniel" and "Cameron" on the teeny-tiny space provided.
(I would also like to add, which I'm pretty sure I've said the other years too, it's Valentine's cards addressing days that make me sooooo happy we have a child with a two-letter name. JR can whip that "FROM:" line out in no time!)

Speaking of the FROM line, we had an issue this year. 
The cards have a slit for you to add a sweet tart, but with JR's name being so short, you can't even see his name.
(But on a positive note, do you see how they have Bible verses on them?  Didn't even know that was the kind we were buying.  JR picked them out because he thought the "dogs were cute and the girls would like the cats.")

Alright, back to the envelopes...
So being that we're envelopeless again, I took it upon myself to craft something up.

Now y'all know I don't craft a lot since:
A: Crafting is time consuming and tedious
and
B. I have a house full of boys that would either burn themselves on an unattended hot glue gun, or just tear up the craft while I was still in the crafting process.

But I made an exception yesterday. 

I made some of these to hang Christmas cards with, and remembering how fast and easy they were, I thought they'd be perfect to clip Valentine's treats together.

Behold.....
Clothes pin covered in fabric with a felt heart (all hotglued, of course)
Time to craft 18 of them: 20 minutes from start to clean-up

And look how cute it holds the card to the pack of Fun Dip.

Take that, Envelopes!

3 comments:

GS said...

Well, you beat the system on that one - and they are CUTE. JR, the girls will love them!

Anonymous said...

You are indeed crafty. I love the Bible verse written on the card. Only one thing left to do...the treat for the class party. MR

kyle and robin said...

VERY martha stewart of you. love it!