Thursday, February 17, 2011

Reason 463 I Don't Like to Cook

I'm a much better planner than I used to be.
Having 3 boys tends to require some pre-planning to even leave the house. (Although I still never seem to have snacks, juice, Neosporin, or the occasional change of clothes at the ready.)

But I'm a terrible planner when it comes to cooking.
I always get right in the middle of it, and then I don't have something I need.
So reason #463 I don't like to cook: too much prep work.
(AKA: I'm never prepared!)

I bought some red velvet cupcake mix thinking I might make some for Valentine's Day.  I didn't buy cupcake liners because I was sure I had a million in the pantry.
I didn't make the cupcakes for Valentines, but I did need cupcakes for Cub Scouts last night.
(They decorated cupcakes to celebrate Scouting being 101 years old.)
 I started making cupcakes about 2:00 PM yesterday (during nap time, of course).  And guess what I didn't have?
Yep. Cupcake liners.
And since I had 2 children sleeping, and the grocery store is more than just a little jaunt from my house, here's how the cupcakes turned out....

Naked cupcakes!

I'm guessing this is why God gave me boys.
Little girls would have wanted to match their frosting and sprinkles to the cupcake liner.
I don't think the Cub Scouts slowed down long enough too even notice the liners were missing!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

mmm...who cares about liners when there are red velvet cupcakes?!?!?!?

I do that too - decide to make something on a whim, get halfway through, then realize I don't have the most important ingredient.

Miss. Jinny said...

Hehehe Thanks for the giggle it is so true girls would have noticed but boys could care less!!! :)

Once I bought a muffin mix and didn't see what I needed to make them. Got home and realized I needed milk and didn't have any so instead I used evaporated milk and added some water to it!!! :) It worked out just fine!!! :)

I love those moments lol!!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you do it. MR

Julie said...

All Melissa saw was it said 'Red velvet cupcakes' and she could have cared less how they looked!!! Of course she said she didn't think they looked bad either, so there you go a girls perspective...of course she wouldn't have slowed down to notice the lack of cups either....

Anonymous said...

Cupcake liners are so girl--not for boy scouts! Good job....
Lu