Thursday, February 3, 2011

Xin Nian Kuai Le

Okay, so before I get to the Chinese part, thank you so much for all your comments/encouragement about my Cub Scout tool lesson.

I pretty much walked in and told Jason he was in charge. 
Then, one of the dads ran out to his truck and brought in more tools than I've ever seen.

So, as you can imagine....
A bunch of tools.
Boys and dads getting to use said tools.
 It was a very successful evening.

And now that I'm finished with the tools (thank goodness!)
I'd like to give you a big jazz hand flourish as I wish you
Xin Nian Kuai Le!
Happy Chinese New Year!
Year of the Rabbit

This is our first Chinese New Year in Durango without an actual Chinese person living in our house, so I guess we'll be crying on our empty dumpling plates tonight.
(Homemade dumplings are the best part of CNY.)
Boo-hoo!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

At least you can get someone in your house to give you jazz hands. My girls were involved in very spirited football debate this morning.

Anonymous said...

Love the costumes. Will there be firecrackers? Happy CNY. MR

Anonymous said...

Happy CNY! Maybe you and JR can learn how to make the dumplings--isn't there a Wolf badge for cultural cooking?
Lu