Monday, February 21, 2011

More With My BFF

So, as you remember, a few weeks ago Jason and I were in Reno to see my fantasy BFF, Sarah.

While we were at the fancy, schmancy "Sarah Dinner", my father-in-law, Gary, was in charge of a raffle that benefited taking kids with disabilities on hunting trips.
(On a side note, there's a great description of Gary's book about hunting here.)

It was a table raffle, so when you bought a ticket, you bought a ticket for the table.  The prizes were Weatherby shirts for the men and autographed Sarah Palin books for the women.

And though I was a bit peeved my husband had to run around selling raffle tickets during the shrimp cocktail course, (Jason loves shrimp cocktail more than anybody I know) it actually turned out great.

The winning table was a couple and then the military servicemen who were there to post the colors. 

Which meant....
there was only one woman at the table.

And since my father-in-law was in charge....

Guess what came in the mail for me last week?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU'RE KIDDING!!!! MR

Kimberly Beach said...

Color me Green with Envy!

Anonymous said...

How AWESOME!
Lu

Joseph said...

I'm green too!!! ;)